I am a recent University of Washington graduate, open to new opportunities. I have experience in content creation, social media management, graphic design, video editing, and market research. Read on to learn more about my professional experiences.
- Experienced in customer service and client management
- Skilled with Photoshop, Premier Pro and Illustrator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in content creation, graphic design, and market research
University of Washington, Seattle
September 2018 – June 2021, Bachelor of Arts, Major in Communication with honors, Minor in Entrepreneurship
Relevant coursework: Entrepreneurial Marketing, Mass Media Law, Narrative Journalism, Public Address, Rhetoric, English Composition, Managerial Accounting, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Building a Business, Advanced Spanish
Staff Writer | West Austin News
October 2021 – Present
- Research and write a high volume of honest and engaging news stories about local events
- Attend events and take photos as a representative of West Austin News
- Cultivate a network of contacts to source future stories
Social Media Marketing Specialist, Target Public Media LLC, Austin, TX
July 2021 – November 2021
- Create strategic social media campaigns across multiple platforms for a wellness YouTube channel with nearly 4 million followers
- Manage weekly social media calendar, assigning photography and graphic design tasks
- Write engaging copy for Instagram and Facebook posts
- Use Adobe Creative Suite to create eye-catching graphics and videos for Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok
Vice President of Sales, Down the Ave Game, Seattle, WA
February 2021 – September 2021
- Co Founded a card-game startup focused on fostering community among college students by providing a relatable and authentic gaming experience
- Performed extensive market research through interviews, surveys, and research databases to achieve product-market fit
- Secured a $5000+ investment
- Cultivated relationships with retail partners for pop-up events, play-testing, and wholesale options
Volunteer Communications and Marketing Specialist, Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối, Seattle, Wa. August 2020- Present
- Created content and reviewed analytics for Helping Link’s Facebook and LinkedIn profiles
- Helped raise over $50,000 by planning and creating advertisements for Helping Link’s first-ever virtual Gala
- Helped raise over $11,000 by planning Helping Link’s GiveBIG social media campaign
- Managed production of Helping Link’s quarterly newsletter
- Communicated with Executive Director and graphics team members to create marketing materials.
Journalism intern, Seattle Society Page, Seattle, WA. June 2020 – October 2020
- Provided compelling coverage of Seattle-based non-profits for an online news platform
- Conducted interviews (in person, and via phone or zoom) with non-profit executives
- Presented story ideas in weekly group meetings
Desk Services Representative, University of Washington Family Housing, Seattle, WA. September 2019 – June 2020
- Used Canva, Facebook, and Instagram to create advertisements for community events
- Ensured positive experience for 200+ residents by investigating and resolving problems as they arose.
- Responded to phone calls and emails in a friendly and professional manner.
- Used Microsoft Outlook to schedule appointments, respond to emails, and manage task distribution.
Dining Assistant, Conibear Shellhouse, Seattle, WA. September 2018 – April 2020
- Took initiative to provide high-quality service in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
- Collaborated with staff to make, wrap, and deliver 100+ burritos per hour.
Cashier, Jimmy Johns, Seattle, WA. June 2019 – September 2019
- Provided efficient and friendly customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Maximized sales opportunities by recommending add-ons and specialty sandwiches.
Custodian, Whatcom Hills Waldorf School, Bellingham, WA. August 2017 – September 2018
- Collaborated with teachers, parents, and fellow custodial staff to keep the school safe and clean.
- Worked with administrators to create a cleaning schedule that minimized janitorial costs without sacrificing the school’s cleanliness.